This Privacy Notice will inform you of the information we gather and how it is used. MMA Architects complies with EU General Data Protection Directive – GDPR for the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries.
Maintaining the privacy of your information is of paramount importance to us as it helps foster confidence, goodwill and stronger relationships with you, our customers. If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Why we need your data
We need your personal data to enable us to provide and/or co-ordinate our architectural design and associated services to you, and so that we can carry out our obligations arising from any contract agreed with you. We do not seek any data that does not aid us in providing this service to you.
Your data will also allow us to act on your behalf during your project, and engage with other necessary/recommended 3rd party consultants with your consent.
In addition, your data is kept on our accounts system to facilitate the provision of our service to you.
How we share your data
Given the nature of the architectural services we provide, 3rd party consultants are needed from time to time on a given brief in order to facilitate progression of your project. We will only share your data to a given 3rd party consultant who is necessary/recommended for your project, and this includes initial data necessary to obtain a quote on your behalf.
Other 3rd party consultants typically could include (non-exhaustive list): Structural Engineers, BER Assessors, Quantity Surveyors, M & E Engineers, Traffic Engineers, Visualization Consultants, GPS Surveyors, Planning Consultants, Ecologists, Hydrologist, Archaeologists, Passive House Designers, main contractors, sub-contractors, heating and ventilation suppliers/designers etc.
If you explicitly agree and give consent for a 3rd party consultant to contact you directly to discuss terms we will send them your name, mobile number, site address, and/or email as part of the quote seeking process).
We do not sell or lease any customer lists to 3rd parties.
The personal data that we collect includes
- Home Addresses
- Postal addresses
- Post codes
- Job title and place of work as part of a planning application.
- Email addresses (both work and personal)
- Telephone contact numbers
- Details of your property ownership as part of a planning application or legal mapping brief.
- Proposed site locations as part of a planning application.
- Family details as may be required as part of a planning application to prove local need.
- Personal background details as part of a planning application to prove local need.
- Information to hold on our accounts system in order to comply with Irish Tax Legislation.
- Records of discussions and communications we have had with you.
- Other specific information you may volunteer to us such as relevant medical information required as part of our planning and design service.
- Social media contact details
We do not collect any special category information such as race, religion or political information.
How we use your data
We use your data to allow us to provide our services to you. Some examples of how we may process your data are below (non-exhaustive list):
- In keeping records of meetings
- In keeping records of direct enquiries
- In preparation of our Initial quotes
- In project brief.
- In seeking of 3rd party consultant quotes
- In administration of projects
- Update details on cloud based admin system.
- In preparation of various forms and documents for applications on your behalf (Planning Applications, Fire certs, DACS, BCMS, other statutory certs)
- On drawings and visualizations
- In issuing of invoices
- In preparation of construction stage contracts
- In certifications
- In emails and letters
- In legal reports
- In BIM services with models on common data environments/cloud storage.
- In legal obligations (e.g. fraud prevention)
Personal Information Collection, Use and Storage (Website)
Our website system logs and records your IP address, dates and times of site visits, the pages visited, type of browser and cookie information. This data is only used to measure the number of visitors to the site and will not be used to identify you. We may use your data to remarket to you at a later date on a small number of selected sites.
Visitors may decide to send an email via the site in which may include personal identifying information. Such information is only used to enable a suitable response.
Your email address is used to only send you information that you have requested. MMA Architects adheres strictly to permission-based email policy. Except as mentioned above, MMA Architects will not send you unsolicited email information, commercial offers or advertisements. MMA Architects will not sell, rent, or loan our contact lists to any 3rd party company. All emails that you have requested will have an option to unsubscribe. Unsubscribe requests are fulfilled within minutes and no further communications will be sent to users who have stated that they do not wish to receive the specified information.
All sensitive data is stored on servers behind a constantly maintained firewall using encryption. Our database servers are secured by additional access restrictions, and all sensitive data is stored using encryption.
Cookies are small files placed on your computer’s hard drive, or in your browser memory, when you visit our www.mmaarchitects.ie website. Our cookies don’t store any personal or confidential information about you.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right to be informed
- Right to access information
- Right of rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to data portability
- Right to object to processing of personal data
- Right to restriction
- Right to object to automated decision making, including profiling
- Retention of your personal data
We hope you are satisfied with the way in which we use your information. However, you have the right to tell us if you:
- Don’t want to be contacted in the future by us;
- Would like a copy of the personal information which we hold about you;
- Would like us to correct, update, or delete your personal information in our records;
- Wish to report any misuse of your personal information.
Under section 4 of the Data Protection Acts, on making a written request to MMA Architects any individual whose personal information is being stored on computer or in a relevant filing system is entitled to:
- a copy of the data
- a description of the purposes for which it is held
- a description of those to whom the data may be disclosed and
- the source of the data unless this would be contrary to public interest
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or writing to us at 6 Centre Court, Blyry Business & Commercial Park, Athlone, Co. Westmeath; N37 N8Y8
We hope you are happy with how we use your information but if you are not, you may lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner at email@example.com
Retention of your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, statutory, insurance and regulatory obligations, or for as long as reasonably necessary for us to do so. However, MMA Architects also work on an explicit opt-in basis whereby you have a choice to allow us to hold onto your data for longer periods.
This Opt-In option for a longer data retention will be clearly presented on the Fee Proposal issued to you by MMA to inform you of your choice. Given the nature of our industry, and the possibility of repeat custom with you across an extended period of time, a longer data retention time can be beneficial for a client to consider. A client who has decided to Opt-In for a longer data retention can change their mind at any time and Opt-Out by contacting MMA. By reverting to the default opt-out position, standard retention times for legal, statutory, insurance and regulatory obligations will also be reverted to.
If we are relying on your consent to process your data you can withdraw this at any time – this does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by MMA Architects, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with MMA Architects at firstname.lastname@example.org, and the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy notice or practices, please contact us.
Acceptance of this Privacy Statement
By your use of this Website, you signify that you have read this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of the Privacy Statement, we recommend that you discontinue use of the Website and your engagement with us.
You can check the “Version” date below to see when the notice was last changed. We encourage you to check this notice often so that you can continue to be aware of how we are protecting your personal information.
Version 0.10 – 25th May 2018